History, Curriculum Vitae, and Service
- Ph.D. in Engineering: Dept. of Computer Science, Keio University, June 2006
(defended), September 2006 (conferred).
- M.S.: Computer Engineering, University of Southern California,
- B.S.: Engineering and Applied Science, California Institute of
Technology (Caltech), June, 1986.
Press Articles About Me and My Research
- The Independent, a
newspaper in Ashland, KY, ran an article about me on page C1, on
September 19, 2010.
- My hometown newspaper,
the Williamson Daily
News, ran an article about me on page 1 on August 26, 2007.
Apparently, it has fallen through the cracks in their archive, or at
least my searches no longer return it.
My employment history is long, and includes ISI, Asaca, Quantum Corp., and Nokia. Details are available in my
My full c.v. is available in A4 PDF and
letter PDF formats.
The list of papers in my c.v. should parallel the list available from
my publications page. Please report
any discrepancies you notice.
I am a member of the AAAS, ACM, IEEE, and USENIX.
I have been a member of the executive committee of the IEEE's Mass Storage Systems Technical
Committee since October 1997.
I have served on the program committees for the following
Reviewer for ACM Multimedia (1994), SOSP (1995, 2003), INFOCOM (1997,
2002), ASPLOS (2002), IBM Systems Journal (2002), Comm. of the ACM
(2005), IEEE Trans. on Computers (2006, 2007), SC06 (2006), Quantum
Information Processing (2007).
- USENIX Symposium on File and Storage Technologies:
Jan. 2002; Fourth (FAST2005),
- IEEE International Security in Storage Workshop:
(Supercomputing), Nov. 2004.
- NASA Goddard/IEEE Mass Storage Symposia:
- 22nd IEEE - 13th NASA Goddard (MSST2005)
Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies, Apr. 2005.
- 12th NASA Goddard, 21st IEEE
Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies (MSST2004), Apr. 2004.
- Twentieth IEEE/Eleventh NASA Goddard Conference on Mass Storage
Systems & Technologies (MSST2003), Apr. 2003.
- Eighteenth IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems, held in
cooperation with the Ninth NASA Goddard Conference on Mass Storage
Systems and Technologies (MSST2001), Apr. 2001.
- Eighth NASA Goddard Conference on Mass Storage Systems and Technologies
Seventeenth IEEE Symposium on Mass Storage Systems (MSST2000), Mar. 2000.
- Sixteenth IEEE Mass Storage Systems Symposium
Seventh NASA Goddard Conference
on Mass Storage Systems & Technologies (MSST1999), Mar. 1999.
- The Sixth NASA Goddard Conference on Mass Storage Systems and
Technologies in cooperation with the Fifteenth IEEE Symposium on Mass
Storage Systems, Mar. 1998.
I have also served on industry working groups, including as the chair
of the Storage Networking Industry Association's Working Group on
Network Protocols (1998) and the Open Source Development Lab Carrier
Grade Linux Proof of Concept working group (fall 2002 to spring
Copyright 2004 Rod Van Meter
Last modified: $Date: 2010/08/08 04:17:41 $